Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Valentines Day / Creativity

So it's that time of year.... again.... the time of LOVE; but I personally just enjoy the candy....


Since it's that time of year, I get my annual boost of creativity! *Winter can really dim your creative spirit* I make handmade valentines... (almost every year) which brings the dreadful question of.... what is my design?!?!? Well, this year.... I slacked...... I cut out hearts and wrote "Happy Valentines Day" on all of them and attached a mini candy bar. I admit.... it's not my finest work but they look okay *and are delicious*, so that's all that matters. right? 

This year I took more time on the box.... my design, inspired from Pinterest..... A GUMBALL MACHINE! I began right away. Who could have thought a wipes box (the cardboard part obviously) could become a gumball machine??!?!?!? Well... here are the pics!
Mwahhh!!!
"Gumballs" made from cotten balls

And the top fell off...

It's not 100% finished as the "gumballs" are still drying...   Once they are dry the "gumballs" go into the "two containers."
 It's okay if I do say so myself....the important thing is.... I like it!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I started "crafting" I won't be able to stop.... it's totally not a problem.. ;)

Well... I decided to do some late night sewing last night... and I chose to steal an idea from Mrs.Bethany Durie. Here is the post from "Grace of my Redeemer!"

Emmett was not thrilled about lying down

Warning for all sewers... if you use hot glue instead of pins cause it's already out and your being lazy.... *ahem*, don't sew over that spot... or you'll sit there for 45 minutes pulling out your hair, shouting at the sewing machine. Moral of the story.... don't be LAZY! ha...ha..ha 

Thank you so much for reading! BYE!     P.S. Feel free to leave a comment if you want!

4 comments:

  1. CUTE BOX! And Valentine's Day is definitely just about candy.๐Ÿ˜œ I always got super creative with like the first two valentines, and then I lost my zeal! Haha!!

    And the hot glue is too funny!! I always burn my fingers off...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I burnt myself 2 times..... and not on the actual gun either..๐Ÿ˜œ

      Delete
    2. OHHH! And I found a handful of designs I FELL IN LOVE WITH! So on the computer version you can see the one I chose! (I didn't like how it turned out on the "mobile" one so I made it the original๐Ÿ˜œ) I will be switching them out probobly like...a bunch! Thanks

      Delete
  2. I truly ๐Ÿ˜‚ and I love the moral of your story

    ReplyDelete