Monday, December 4, 2017

Recent Sewing Projects!!

Samme is a this moment injured, were not sure whats wrong yet; the chiropractor is coming out on Thursday to hopefully give us some answers! So anyway, once I know whats wrong I will post an update/full information asap! 
Anywho... Samme now has had her horse blanket on for a little over a month now to keep her hair shorter so I don't pull it when I cinch her up to ride in the winter. When I got it it already had quite a few rips as it was a hand-me-down blanket. So, I took the plunge and got to patching it up..... by hand!!!! If y'all don't know I have TERRIBLE wrists so it was all done with a brace and lots of breaks!!! I have multiple stabs with the needle as horse blanket are thick, so are the jeans I used to patch the giant holes. And I was using fishing line to make it EXTRA durable. Here are some pictures of the process.


As you can see I was not exaggerating by any means! There was a lot of work to be done but it is now 100% done!!! YAYAYAYYA. But, my wrists were shot for the next 3 days...

Okay, now for the fun project!!! In May of this year I decided to make a ball gown from the civil war era. Quite the feat as I found out. So, after putting it off for most of the summer and beginning of the school year I finally sat down and did it. I had it all cut out and darted and pinned before June so the hard part for me was over. I can officially say the bodice (and for all non-sewers/me: the top half) and the bottom layer of skirt is done! I don't have any pictures yet but as soon as its done enough to try on I will have some pictures. Promise!
I hope you enjoyed the second... (wow, breaking records here) post of the day! Have an awesome day y'all!

5 comments:

  1. I hope Samme will be okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I hope Samme heals well :(

    You patched that blanket by hand?! Yikes, I can definitely see why your wrists were shot!
    I've been thinking about making a Civil War ball gown too, but probably won't ever get around to it, lol. Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, not sure if my first comment went through. Attempt dos.

    Aw, I hope Samme heals well :(

    You must have a crazy amount of patience to have patched that blanket by hand! I can definitely see why it was so hard on the wrists.
    I've been thinking about making a Civil War gown too, but I probably won't ever get around to it, lol. I can't wait to see the pictures of yours!

    ReplyDelete